History

GO Steel Frýdek Místek a.s. has a long-time history.

Its beginning is connected to foundation of a metallurgical plant established in 1833 near Lískovec village at Frýdek-Místek, which was given a name "Karlova huť" (Charles smelting-house) after its founder archduke Karl Friedrich. Since 1946 the Company operated under the name Válcovny plechu (Sheet rolling mill).

The state-owned enterprise Válcovny plechu diverted to a state-stock company in 1991. The next development of the Company was influenced by its privatization that ended in 1998, when a majority owner became Nová huť, a.s. Ostrava, from 2005 under the name Mittal Steel Ostrava a.s., which became a 100% owner of Válcovny plechu a.s. in 2006.

On 2/4/2008 the name of the company was changed to ArcelorMittal Frýdek-Místek a.s.

From 1/11/2014 the subsidiary company ArcelorMittal Frýdek-Místek a.s. merged with ArcelorMittal Ostrava a.s. and became one of its plants under the name Plant 17 - Válcovny plechu Frýdek-Místek.

From 1/12/2017 Plant 17 - Válcovny plechu Frýdek-Místek demerged from ArcelorMittal Ostrava a.s. and was transferred into the succession company GO Steel Frýdek Místek a.s., the single shareholder of which was ArcelorMittal S.A. Luxembourg.

From 1/3/2018 GO Steel Frýdek Místek a.s. has become a part of Stalprodukt S.A. Capital Group.

The main products in the history covered a broad range of grades and dimensions of hot rolled sheet and strip and hot dip zinc coated sheet.

In 1960-1969 a significant change took place in the Company development. A cold rolling mill was erected.

Including pickling, annealing and finishing, the mill has been producing not only plain steel sheet, but also sheet and strip of stainless and silicon steel with OTN structure manufactured for special electrotechnical purposes. In a gradual process, the manufacture of hot rolled sheet was damped down, finished on 15/6/2006, as well as the manufacture of hot dip zinc coated strip and wire, finished on 1/1/2013.

Brief Overview

  • 1833 - Karlova Huť (Charles smelting-house)
  • 1946 - Válcovny plechu (Sheet rolling mill)
  • 1991 - Válcovny plechu a.s.
  • 1998 - Nová huť, a.s. became the majority owner of Válcovny plechu a.s.
  • 2005 - Mittal Steel Ostrava a.s. became the majority owner of Válcovny plechu a.s.
  • March 2006 - Mittal Steel Ostrava a.s. became a 100% owner
  • April 2, 2008 - a change of the Company name to ArcelorMittal Frýdek-Místek a.s.
  • From 1/11/2014 the subsidiary company ArcelorMittal Frýdek-Místek a.s. merged with parent company ArcelorMittal Ostrava a.s. and became Plant 17 - Válcovny plechu Frýdek-Místek.
  • From 1/12/2017 Plant 17 demerged and became a succession company GO Steel Frýdek Místek a.s.
  • From 1/3/2018 GO Steel Frýdek Místek a.s. has become a part of Stalprodukt S.A. Capital Group.